Friday 14 December 2012

Behind schedule... or on it?

I haven't updated in 'a few days', so I am a little behind schedule... orrr, maybe, since I knew this would happen, am actually on schedule... hrrmm...

But I realise I have a dedicated fanbase now (hello mom and Caroline), so the show must go on. I will try to play some catch-up today, still borrowing from Laura Jane's topics from last month.

What do you think people misunderstand about you most?

I don't look like a very friendly person when my face is just sitting in its neutral position. I look either aloof or unfriendly or judgemental or any number of things which am really not. I make terrible first impressions, as Andrew could tell you, and it's something that happens constantly. I just don't look very nice. So I have to amend this by walking around like a lunatic smiling at passing strangers so the world doesn't think I have an axe to grind against it.

I'm a happy person, I swear.
This is something Laura and I have shared and recognised in each other from the time we met 14 years ago. It is our own personal cross to bear.

Alternatively, I also have a very expressive face when it's actually doing something, so I can almost never successfully hide my emotions. It's written all over my features. If I'm sad, pissed, happy, incredulous, fuming, it shows. Especially if I'm fuming. Which to be honest is easily triggered.

Make this face fairly frequently if being perfectly honest about it.
List ten things you hope to be remembered for.

Hope am not dead anytime soon or anything, but if I was going to kick the bucket, I think the following would be nice to believe I was remember for.
1) My loyalty. I'd never betray anyone and once you've earned my trust, I'll have your back forever. It's even tattooed on my wrist.
2) Being warm. I value warmth in people, so I hope my friends and my family and my students think of me as a warm person.
3) Being strong. I have gone through some thangs in my time and I have come through them like a champ. I hope people would see that.
4) My passion. I only feel things intensely, whether good or bad. In the wise words of modern philosopher and Real Housewife of New Jersey Danielle Staub, 'Love me or hate me, there is no in between with me.'   

5) My excellent, if specific, music taste. I hope at my funeral someday the sounds of Girls Aloud and the Sugababes will blare from the speakers. And if I die before Katie, may they play 'Shame' by Monrose so we could have one last laugh together.

6) Being a good son and brother. My family means everything to me, and I hope in my time here I will always make them proud of me.

7) My fearlessness. I jump into things with both feet in and I am proud of how I have lived my life, learning from my mistakes and forgiving myself for them.

8) Doing something nice. I hope that for every important person in my life, at one point or another done something for them just merely because I love them, and I hope those little moments meant as much to them as they do to me.

9) My future family. Someone special in my life? Kids one day? Hope in my future there's something more to leave behind.

10) My devastating wit. Am not that clever actually, but I'd rather my funeral be filled with laughter from memories than sadness.

That was way too heavy. Hope am not dead soon. Must find cheerier next topic.


What's your favorite part of  your body and why?

 Not my eye, obviously, but startlingly similar colour.

My favourite parts of my body are my eyes. Maybe that sounds cliché but it's not just the dreamy grey-green colour of them, but it's the intensity people say they have behind them. I have heard a stare from my eyes can do a lot of damage and a lot of seduction. Pretty psyched about that. They are forces to be reckoned with. Too bad they can't see for shit without contacts in!

Have other favourite parts of my body too but this is not that sort of blog.


What is your language of love?

Speaking of those other favourite parts of my body, according to my quiz results, my language of love is...

Physical Touch

"A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the arm—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive."

Well, everybody knows I am a hugger! Yet am never surrounded by fellow huggers. So this one goes out to all the special huggers in my life. You know who you are!

That's all for now y'all! See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment