Saturday 1 December 2012

My vows as a new blogger

Having been inspired by my productive, conscientious roommate Laura Jane, I have decided to write my own blog. I fully understand how terrible that is, so as an introduction, I resolve to do the following:

I WILL NOT

Be self-indulgent or pretentious.
Pretend to be more brilliant, insightful, or similar than actually am.
Pontificate.*
Advertise self on my facebook page.
Spam people who are likely disinterested with links to my blog.
Be overly intimate with my numerous readers.


I WILL

Be as interesting as humanly possible.
Update no less than once a week, even if life has been unremarkable.
Allow Laura to shame me into productivity, as is often the case even though unintentional.
Be personal and personable (though not, obviously, to an unseemly or degree. Do not wish to appear thirsty).

Real talk: blogs can be dreadful. Laura Jane's is the one that showed me they can be done well, so I will take her lead.

With that in mind, I will take her idea to spend my first month of blogging doing those organised posts that she does with structured ideas and topics to get self in the habit of writing these things.

I will post my first soon, but for now, I leave you with my theme song for you for the day, from the glorious and flawless ginger deity Nicola Roberts.


Gah'bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment